Friday, May 7, 2010

Welcome to Connec2U ... a place to find your freedom to live

Hi, I'm Jim Larsen. Welcome to the first post of Connec2U! This is a blog dedicated to helping people break out of the lives that they feel stuck in to achieve true happiness and freedom. It is about taking risks, living for today, finding freedom from materialism and from the rat-race.

Life is short, and too many people waste it living for a tomorrow that they don't even know exists. This is a blog for those who are SICK of living conventional lives in tiny boxes; for all those longing to be free and experience all this world has to offer, this is for you.

What makes this different from the many self-development blogs out there is that as the author and primary writer of blog postings, I will be taking this journey with you. Through shared postings and comments we can help one another grow and find true freedom and happiness through pursuit of passions and minimalist, location-independent living.

One of my favorite lines in a song is as follows (from Eagles, "Already Gone"): So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we have the key...

This is so true, and as one who has lived life as a pessimist and full of fear of failure, I can say that this is no way to live. In starting this blog, I am saying ENOUGH. I can't live life in fear anymore. At 34, it is now or never. I define my life, not fear. All floods start with a single drop of rain.

So please, subscribe to the postings; share your comments and ideas. I will be corresponding with other bloggers in this area to keep the posts fresh, new, motivating, and interesting. The point is that I need your participation to make this a truly successful venture of discovery and growth. Through this shared community we can all achieve what I just now am beginning to believe is possible: Freedom to live life on our own terms.

Stay tuned for more soon, and let's being the journey of growing toward freedom together...
Jim Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment